A List of Anticipated Manga to Hopefully Help My Manga Burnout (2025 edition!) (6/22/2025)
Sometime maybe a month ago, I realized that I was at 360 manga finished on Anilist. In addition, I realized that there was just over 40 weeks left in the year. With this information in mind, I realized that I could reasonably probably read just under one series a week and I would probably be able to log 400 completed manga by the end of 2025.
Since then, I've fallen a bit behind on this goal. I have since finished 10 manga, leaving me with 30 left to finish by the end of the year. However, there is only 27 weeks left now, which means I'm three manga behind on my goal. What happened?
Maybe a reason is that I've been more busy. But, I think the real reason is that I just haven't been reading anything good. I'm currently "reading" three manga: Rainbow, Bartender, and Magu-chan: God of Destruction. All three of these have been dreadfully boring. And because of that, I've realized that it might be a good idea to go back and evaluate which manga I'm still super excited to read just to remind myself that good manga still exists out there.
Previously listed manga that I'm still excited about:
Kingdom, Berserk, Grand Blue, Vinland Saga, Made in Abyss, To You, the Immortal, Land of the Lustrous, Golden Kamuy, Oyasumi Pun Pun, Maison Ikkoku, Nana, Heavenly Delusion, Sakamoto Days, Skip and Loafer, Wandance, Frieren, Witch Hat Atelier, Dandadan, Chihayafuru, March Comes In Like a Lion, The Day Hikaru Died, Ranking of Kings.
That's actually a lot of manga! But, a lot of these are still ongoing so I'll narrow down the ones that are completed that I might just read this year:
To You, the Immortal, Land of the Lustrous, Golden Kamuy, Oyasumi Pun Pun, Maison Ikkoku, Nana, Vinland Saga
And suddenly, this list is suddenly looking much shorter. I included Vinland Saga in here because apparently it ends in around a month, so it's basically finished also. And looking at this list, I actually am not too excited to read any of these besides Vinland Saga and Golden Kamuy. Perhaps that is a sign that I'm pretty burnt out from manga.
That being said, there have also been some new manga popping up that seem pretty interesting to read.
Dai Dark and Choujin X are both mangas from established authors that I'm sure will be very fun to read, once they finally finish. Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro also finished recently and although it's not a manga that I'm super excited to read, I'm sure it will still be decently entertaining.
As for new mangas that I think will be blowing up a lot, Centuria, Gachiakuta, and Kagurabachi seem like they have a ton of potential from my limited manga.
Maybe I'll just read a bunch of short mangas to hit my goal this year, or maybe I'll become less burnt out in a few months. I guess we'll see.
Comments
Post a Comment