Bonnouji: Manga Review (12/1/2024)

 So there's this girl, late 20s, who just broke up with her long term boyfriend. She borrows her neighbors restroom after getting too drunk one night. Her neighbor is this dude who works from home. His eccentric older brother sends him random shit because he is a huge impulse buyer, so his home is filled with boxes full of surprises. These two become friends and they just chill in the house having fun with whatever the older brother sends. Sometimes, the dude's best friend also shows up. He's funny.

This is such a chill, relaxing manga. The chemistry between the two leads just works so well. As I grow older, I've been loving chill romance manga between mature adults, and this fits the vibe so well. It's sad that this manga is only like 36 chapters long, but I think it just further solidifies this manga as a comforting solid afternoon read.

It's quirky without being too weird, and after reading this manga, I really, really want to decorate my room now.

8/10. Very nice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Career: Where I've Been and Where I'll Be Going (8/10/2026)

Solanin: Five years later at 23 (3/22/2026)

Ranking all of John Mayer's Albums (9/1/2021)