More Anticipated Manga, Updated for 2024 (8/15/2024)

  Around two years ago, I wrote a list of manga that I was super hyped to read about. In order, they are listed below:

Kingdom, Berserk, Grand Blue, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaguya Sama, Vinland Saga, Made in Abyss, One Piece, To You, the Immortal, Blood On the Tracks, Land of the Lustrous, Golden Kamuy, Oyasumi Pun Pun, Maison Ikkoku, Nana, Rainbow, and Yokohama Shipping Log.

Suprisingly enough, in the past few years, I have actually read or caught up to some of these manga. I'll talk about them below, and then after that I'll list out some new manga that I'm super excited to read about in the future.

Jujutsu Kaisen:

One day, I couldn't take the peer pressure anymore and I just caught up to Jujutsu Kaisen, all in one day (it was mostly because I didn't want to get the Sukuna and Gojo fight spoiled for me). It was very, very fun and I'm very, very glad I avoided basically all information about JJK beforehand. I'm currently reading JJK weekly, even keeping up with leaks just to get the story early by a few days, but I do have to say I feel as though this method of reading is sort of killing my experience of the actual manga itself. However, being part of the JJK community and seeing all the memes pop up on my TikTok and Twitter make keeping up with this series weekly something that is actually pretty fun.

Kaguya Sama:

I did not like this series at first. First I watched the anime with my ex, but to be honest I thought it was super boring. Then, I read the manga and still found it boring for the first couple of chapters, but eventually I grew to really love this series. There are some absolute highlight moments, and it's so fun to keep up with each of the characters. It's not my favorite romance, but it does belong in the hall of fame.

One Piece:

I decided in the beginning of this year to catch up to One Piece with a friend, except that friend didn't do much catching up, and I just got hooked. One Piece was also one of those series that isn't that good in the beginning. Luckily, I'm really good at grinding through mid manga, and eventually One Piece charmed me and I'm really enjoying the series now. I don't think that it's peak fiction for me, but I can understand why it is for so many people. There's just so much to One Piece that I could glaze, but you could go and find that anywhere online. I just want to say that One Piece is a series that you truly have to read just for the journey. Keep grinding, and you might just find yourself having the time of your life before you even realize it.

Blood On the Tracks:

This was dissapointing. I didn't enjoy this series, and to be honest I guess I just don't like horror or pyschological stuff. I don't really remember much from this series except that I was just kind of dissapointed with how much I didn't like this series.

Rainbow:

This one is weird because I'm only a couple of chapters in, but so far it hasn't super entranced me yet. I hope that it will in the future, but before that I still have some series (namely Takagi, My Hero Academia, and Higurashi) to finish.


And now onto the manga that I'm really excited to read in the future. I'll be grouping these into super excited for, and then very excited for:

Super excited for!

Heavenly Delusion:
I heard about this after people started talking about the anime, and wow I am so excited to read this manga. It's some sort of weird mystery manga with multiple storylines and also some sort of supernatural thriller element. This manga just seems like it was built for me to absolutely love it. I'm actually so excited to read it after it completes.

Sakamoto Days:
Apparently, this is the new shounen manga that is action packed with amazing worldbuilding. I eat this shit up. I'm really really excited to start this manga once it finishes, if I don't get spoiled on TikTok first.

Skip and Loafer:
A cute romcom about a college couple? As an adult now, I feel a bit weird reading high school or younger romances, and I'm really looking forward to reading this. I am a sucker for these cute romcoms, if I'm being honest.

Wandance:
This one is weird, because I don't exepect it to appeal to everyone. It's about a bboy I think, and I've heard that it's deeply relatable. 

Nan Hao and Shan Feng:
I keep seeing clips of these on Tiktok, and every time I do I laugh. I'm kind of scared of starting this series because I know that I'll never get enough.

Frieren: Beyond Journey's End:
Everyone keeps talking about this manga/anime, and God I want to read this so bad but it's not finished so I know that I'll eventually just be suffering. But I heard its a super unique experience, and as someoen who has read so much manga I'm always looking for those.

Witch Hat Atelier:
This is a manga that I lowkey want to gatekeep, because it's so lowkey. I've also been avoiding all information on it, but from what I can gather it's probably about a child who learns how to do magic, even though she's told she can't do it. Maybe some Eragon vibes, who knows. The art is absolutely gorgeous, and I can't wait to fall in love with this series.

DANDADAN:
An insane manga that is Fujimoto-like, and is apparently balls to the walls weird and funny and also fun. Seems like something that I would love.


Very Excited For:

Chihayafuru:
This is a series that I'm moderately excited but also have high hopes for. Everyone who has read this manga (like 5 people total, jokes!) all love this manga, and I've kept myself very much in the dark regarding this series, so I don't know much except that it's about some sort of card game, and the characters are probably well written or something? I'm hoping that this series will be a lowkey banger hit, sort of like Genshiken was.

3-gatsu no lion (March Comes In Like a Lion):
Another series that is supposed to be based off of its characters. I also don't know much about this manga, except that it will probably be very good and emotional when I do read it.

The Day Hikaru Died:
I've kept myself in the dark for this manga as well, but I got a poster of it from AX for free, and I'm also sure that this will be a very interesting pyschological thriller mystery manga. Sometimes I tend to not like these types of manga, but when they hit, they hit so hard.

Mashle:
Again, a manga that had a successful anime adapatation. Harry Potter with weights. I'm sure it'll be funny, so I'm excited to read it.

Ranking of Kings:
Political Thriller, with a super cute MC who you just want to have succeed in the world. This is only in the lower list because of the racism allegations, but I'm sure it will be a fun read still.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Career: Where I've Been and Where I'll Be Going (8/10/2026)

Solanin: Five years later at 23 (3/22/2026)

Ranking all of John Mayer's Albums (9/1/2021)