My most anticipated manga (12/30/2022)
I don't read ongoing manga. I've had several good series sort of ruined for me because I just can't keep up with them weekly or monthly or whatever. I always have to binge things, or at least mostly binge everything, so I can still have an idea of what the story of each manga contains.
But, because of this, I miss out on a lot of hyped manga that are super good, but still ongoing. In this post, I wanted to list some of the manga that I'm most hyped to read.
As a side note, I'm adding a separate category for completed manga that I have yet to read. I'm including them because usually I'm saving them for when I'm in the right mood.
Kingdom
This just looks like my idea manga. Politics? War? Intrigue? Yes fucking please. It's also long, and even though its long apparently it starts off super fast, meaning that it's good from the very beginning.
Berserk
Berserk is constantly touted as the greatest manga of all time. Even though the mangaka (RIP Kento Miura) unfortunately passed away, this manga is still being carried out by his childhood friend Kouji Mori and his assistants, which means it still is not completed. As the supposed greatest manga of all time, I'm really hoping that it lives up to the hype.
Grand Blue
Historically, manga doesn't usually really make me laugh (some do succeed, its just that its more rare than I would like). I'm really hoping that Grand Blue is one of these exceptions. It seems like it's just the right amount of goofy for me to love it.
Jujutsu Kaisen
The golden boy of shounen right now. Dark Fantasy and fighting demons, or something. Also, Shibuya is hype supposedly, and the mc has cool tats, I think? I've purposely kept myself away from anything involving JJK, and for a reason. I don't want anything spoiled for this series.
Kaguya Sama
Probably the golden standard for rom-coms. I've read some pretty good rom-coms already, but Kaguya is the one that everyone talks about, so I'm very excited.
Vinland Saga
The last of the four big boys of Seinen manga (Berserk, Vagabond, Kingdom, Vinland Saga) that I haven't talked about yet. Like JJK, I have also purposely avoided anything mentioning Vinland Saga. I just know that there is some Viking boy who wants to kill another Viking. I'm sure it will be great.
Made in Abyss
My god. Fantasy and mystery and exploration? Cute characters in a horrid world? What more could I ask for? I haven't even read it yet and I feel like it's too short. I might watch the anime for this just because of Kevin Penkin's score though.
One Piece
One fucking Piece. The only one of the shonen big three that is not finished, and so the only one that I have not completed. I actually read like the first 10 chapters of One Piece, and I didn't really like it. That's fine though, I'm sure eventually it will get better. I will actually start reading One Piece next year (I think), because this is the only series where I want to at least sort of be caught up and read this weekly, just because being involved in the community just seems so fun.
To You, The Immortal
Fuck this author. She is simply too good at writing stories. I'm sure that this story will make me cry like a little bitch, and I'm excited for it.
Blood On the Tracks
I can not believe that this is not finished yet. Please just let me read this horror manga about an obsessive mother.
Land of the Lustrous
Wow. Probably one of the highest rated manga that is also probably one of the least talked about. I love finding diamonds in the rough, and although this manga is probably a diamond in a cushy upper middle class life, I'm sure that I will also love this manga.
Completed Manga
Golden Kamuy
Adventure? Action? I don't know much about this manga besides it being super good, and I plan to keep it that way, at least until I finish it.
Oyasumi Pun Pun
I am very, very scared to start this manga. I know I will cry, and I know it will hurt me deeply. Yet, I know that one day I must read this manga, as I know it is a must read. I've been consuming my fair share of Inio Asano works in preparation for the day when I start this manga.
Maison Ikkoku
One of the best romance mangas ever? A slow burn? Sounds like the perfect romance manga to me.
Nana
I've only heard good things about this manga, but I also don't know anything about it intentionally. Apparently there are two girls? They might be lesbian? They might love music? Seems interesting enough.
Rainbow
I'm sure that this will be an emotional manga, and I'm all the more excited for it.
Yokohama Shopping Log
Some Android runs a cafe? Slice of life maybe? Perhaps there is more to the story? I don't know, but it sounds very very interesting
Comments
Post a Comment