UCI Survival Guide: 2024 Spring (1/12/2025)

 This quarter may have been my most stressful in college. I had to organize SQDF, as well as deal with a lot of personal bullshit both from some friends and also the IDC. A lot of my time was spent trying to maximize my last moments of college, so I didn't actually spend that much time on "work," meaning my two jobs or my classes. A majority of my time was spent with BBA and BBA related matters, such as trying to set up the next generation of BBA, as well as just trying to get the whole SQDF thing figured out. 

In my off time, I was still able to play some IM volleyball, which was in the grass because Josh Sunga hit a volleyball into a fire sprinkler which caused the gym to flood, causing it to be unusable. Thanks Josh!

To be honest, I needed a break that was much longer than what spring break gave me. I didn't really even give time to myself this quarter, and an example of something that happened was that I dislocated my left pink trying to do a halo and then I didn't even see a doctor until a month later. From now on, my left pinky might just look a bit fucked forever.

As for my work, the LARC was pretty chill this quarter. I only had one actual class, and prepping for each session was also easier, because I was a co-lead with Jennifer Huang so I only had to do like half the work. As for my internship, I really just showed up each Monday and Wednesday and then didn't do much, as always.

Overall, I enjoyed college a ton. These last two quarters were a bit stressful and honestly kind of stupid, but at least I learnd a lot about myself and also how to approach problems when dealing with a lot of people. I don't think I regret a lot, except maybe stressing out so much and spending so much time prepping for SQDF.


Classes Taken:

CBE 150B (Chemical Engineering Design I) - Omar Hamid (B-)

I'm kinda annoyed that I got a B- in this stupid ass class. I actually did put in work in this class, although to be fair I still didn't do a ton compared to some of the other people in my group. The group was bigger this time which was nice though, because I wasn't the biggest slacker in the group. My group was decent (bunch of girls and gays), they were mostly chill except I could tell that they didn't super like me, which I was ok with. Also, Suney the cosplayer degenerate got really mad at me this one time but to be honest I think I deserved at least one annoyng outburst during my two quarters of senior design. I spent more time in this class than in CBE 150A, but it still wasn't a ton of time so that was cool.


MSE 165C (Materials Kinetics and Phase Transformations) - Regina Ragan (A)

This class was so easy compared to all the chem E classes. I basically never showed up to class after the first couple of weeks, and I only showed up if there was a quiz. The quizzes were also generally pretty easy, I was able to figure everything out just during the quiz itself. I eventually started reading the slides for the class though, not because I needed to (truthfully), but because I thought that it would be nice to still learn something in my last actual class ever at UCI. Honestly, a pretty easy A, which was nice because everyone else said that it might be a bit hard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Career: Where I've Been and Where I'll Be Going (8/10/2026)

Solanin: Five years later at 23 (3/22/2026)

Ranking all of John Mayer's Albums (9/1/2021)