Hinge: One Month Later (10/7/2026)

It has been much more than a month since I downloaded Hinge, but I've been mega procrastinating on this post. I will be still writing this post from the perspective of one month later, and then after that there is a possibility of me adding a part three.

Let's start with the stats from my data. Hinge allows you to download data, which you can then upload onto some websites that visualize it for you. I downloaded my data after a month, and while I suspect it's not entirely accurate, there are some pretty interesting statistics to note.

So over the month from Jul 4 2026 to Aug 4 2026, I interacted with 346 people, coming out to 11.2 a day, leading to 38 matches (10.98% rate). Out of these, I recieved 16 likes, leading to 7 matches (43.75%), and I sent 330 likes, leading to 31 matches (9.39%).

After my first date with K, I went on two more dates, with J and L. L's profile was actually one I came across pretty early on, but I remembered her because I thought her profile was pretty unique and I remembered sending screenshots of the like I sent her to my friends. She ended up matching with me around two weeks later in late July, and we talked for a few days on Hinge before we were able to move things to Instagram.

As for J, she sent me a like on my birthday in early August, and we instantly hit it off. We were talking like all day for a while and with things going so well, I was able to schedule a dinner with her that Thursday. The thing was, I was also still talking to L at this moment, and I ended up also scheduling a date with her for Saturday.

And so begins my brief whore arc I guess. I felt pretty weird about scheduling two dates so close to each other, and I also didn't feel great about talking to two people at once. To be honest, at the time I did feel as though I was more attracted to J because of how much we were talking, but I also wanted to still give L an honest shot.

So Thursday comes and I go up to Fremont to have a pho dinner with J. Overall, I felt like the date went very well, and we had good conversations throughout the whole night. We eventually ended up getting ice cream nearby, and we also walked around and ended up talking in my car. While in my car, however, she mentioned that she had a chronic disease that affected her day to day life, and that did make me doubt how high the plausibility of us dating was. Despite that though, at that moment I knew that I liked her a good amout and that I at least wanted to go on a couple more dates with her.

After that, on Saturday I drove up to Sacremento to go on the date with L. I had been thinking about cancelling a bit, but I ended up scheduling to hang out with some friends from college that I hadn't seen in a long itme after as well, so I thought no matter what the trip would be worth it. 

I ended up having a ton of fun on this date as well! I felt like L was easy to talk to and I thought she was a very interesting and honestly pretty fun person. At the very end, she even gifted me a One Piece volume that she had found when she was cleaning out her room, which I appriciated a ton. However, after the date ended and I went to go hang out with my college friends, I realized that I didn't feel any strong romantic feelings towards L, and instead my feelings felt very platonic. I felt like we were in pretty different stages of life, and I knew the distance would be an issue, especially since L wasn't someone that I was texting at a high frequency and also she had trouble driving on highways, meaning seeing each other would also be difficult. I still found her very attractive though, and I figured I should give it at least one more day to make my decision.

The day after, I went and asked J for a second date, and J responded saying that she felt like we weren't a good match and it would be better if we didn't go on any more dates. Honestly, I was pretty hurt by this, and I wanted to ask her why she felt that way. She mentioned that she felt more of a friendship developing instead of a romantic relationship, so I guess perhaps she felt the same way that I did with L. After this, I decided to say fuck it and uninstall Hinge, which I felt was the right move not only because I was feeling down on dating but also because I had a homework assignment due for my Master's program that I was extremely behind on.

One more day after that, I finally drafted up a message to send to L letting her know that I felt like it was better if we were friends. Truthfully, if we had met under difference situations she was someone that I could see myself being good friends with, but I think that because we met on Hinge that kind of made things weird and I knew that I probably wouldn't really talk to her that much in the future as well.


And so that was how my first month on Hinge went! There may be a part three to this, but we'll see how long it takes for me to publish because I still want time to process everything. It probably will also be much more personal and vulnerable, and because of that I don't know if I'll ever truly release it for other people to read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Career: Where I've Been and Where I'll Be Going (8/10/2026)

Solanin: Five years later at 23 (3/22/2026)

Let's Talk Life! October Canon Events! (10/10/2026)